Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

A Moment of Achievement

It was December the 17th 2009 the day when Ruapotaka Primary school had their prize giving. Teachers, students and parents were lined up in the hall waiting to see if their children had achieved something and won a prize. I sat nervously shivering with fear because I might not get a prize. The prize giving began...


I stood singing the National Anthem with about a million butterflies flying about in my stomach. I was just about to feel sick when I told myself to calm down and relax. Students began walking up to get certificates for A grade Homework while I sat as quiet as a mouse waiting to see if I got one. A few minutes later nearly the whole school got one, finally my name was called and I walked up happily to receive my certificate.

Minutes later more students were called for best all around, the best work presentation, the best student and many more. I was just sitting there not knowing if I deserved one or not. Finally the Dux award for Year One to Six. I was nervous that I had sweaty hands.


Year one, year two, year three, year four and YEAR FIVE... I sat shaking as if I wanted to go to the bathroom. "And the Dux for year five with two people at a draw, they are two girls and they come from the same class" the principal said" it goes to... Kaisara Pao-Salu and Ema Tukutukuga!!!" It was me and my friend! I walked up together with my friend. I could hear my dad calling out " Go Kaisara, Thank-you". I stood in front of the school with joy and happiness waiting for my prize to be received. Once I received my prize I could hear an applause coming from my dad and my little brothers. 


Straight after the prize giving I ran to my dad and I hugged him saying thank-you for inspiring me with school work, buying me books about writing and knowing that he will still inspire me with my school work. I also thank him that for supporting me throughout the whole year.

By: Kaisara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.