Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

My Personal Disaster

On a Sunday morning when I was about two and a half years old I was crawling around the sitting room playing with my toys while my mother was ironing my church clothes to wear. While my mum was ironing she was also waiting for the food she was cooking.

Later she heard the food bubbling in the kitchen and so she left the room leaving the iron on. I started to crawl near the iron table ignoring my toys and trying to stand up to touch the iron, but instead I moved the table. While I was moving the table I put my hand near the iron and all of a sudden the iron fell onto my hand. I screamed and screamed.


My parents came rushing inside the room, they saw me and my dad quickly grabbed a wet cloth to put onto my hand. My parents quickly hopped in the car and drove to the Glen Innes shopping centre. Once we arrived my parents started to run and minutes later my parents were in the dressing room at the medical clinic.

Quickly the doctors started to put something on my hand to calm the hotness that was stinging me. For the next few hours the doctors were in the room while my parents were waiting outside in the waiting room worrying about what is going to happen to me. Finally the doctors came out of the room to my parents saying that I was very lucky.. They also said to be very careful when there is something hot on in front of the kids.


So now I have learnt  to be very careful around hot stuff and that I won’t have anything happen to me because I have learnt my lesson. From  that day I haven’t had anything happen to me since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.